I’d like to thank Mm172001 for nominating me for the Seven Things About Me Award! Here are the rules:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you.
- Share seven things about yourself.
- Nominate other bloggers you think deserve the award, and post on their blog to let them know they’ve been nominated.
1) I’m going to have to reduce how often I’m on the computer. I think I frequently spend more time on than off it. My left wrist has been hurting for the past three days, and I think I may have tendinitis (or tendonitis; I’ve seen varying spellings) from being on the computer so much. I don’t think it’s carpal tunnel because from what I can gather that’s on the fingers and inside/palm of the hand. My pain is mostly on the outside of my wrist, near the nob. From what I read on the oh-so-credible world wide web, tendinitis and carpal tunnel are often confused with each other, so that’s why I think tendinitis might be a more accurate description.
2) I’m going to visit my family next week. If I’m not on here writing or reading, it’s because I’m spending time with my family and just generally unplugging. I don’t get on the computer as much when I’m visiting my family, and that might be good for my wrists. If I spend too much time on the Internet, occasionally they get suspicious. Plus, I’m not comfortable with them knowing about my blogging life. That’s partially because of the information I share, but it’s also because my parents aren’t super Internet-savvy and a lot of what they know about the Internet is what they see on the news about people meeting someone from the Internet and getting killed. I’m afraid they’ll think my Internet friendships could be with liars who might harm me in some way. I like to think I’m smart enough to avoid that sort of thing, but maybe not.
3) My dad has become a little bit of a hypochondriac, both about himself and family members. If I feel somewhat unwell and tell him about it, he wants me to go to a doctor. This contrasts sharply with what life was like when I was a kid. Anytime I felt sick then, my dad would always tell me that it probably wasn’t a big deal and I was fine, especially if I didn’t have a fever. I think my childhood experience explains why I’m often reluctant to go to a doctor unless I feel extremely terribly.
4) You know you’ve been experiencing temperatures that are too hot when you go outside and feel like it’s slightly cooler when it’s 106 degrees (Fahrenheit) outside. Yes, this happened to me this afternoon.
5) I can’t think of much to say. I wonder if I should’ve saved some of my hot guys from the Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award. (I keep wanting to call it the Sisterhood of the Traveling Blogs Award, ha.) Speaking of that award, I’d like to thank artyelf from Letters to Dom for nominating me for it. That one came a tad too late for me to be able to include it in my acceptance post. I really do appreciate any and all award nominations!
6) Now that my guilty reality-show pleasure Love in the Wild is over, my other guilty reality-show pleasure, Project Runway, has taken its place. It’s not something that’s as much of a “guilty” thing, ha. But it started a couple of weeks ago, and of course I’m keeping up. I get so invested in it, and then of course they always pick stupid winners, which gets me riled!
7) The highs have been 110+ degrees for the past couple of weeks, as you might surmise from #4. On the news yesterday, they talked about how many little league football and baseball teams are still having practice. (Incidentally, that sounds like something my stepsister’s husband might make his son attend.) Wtf?! If I had a kid, I would not allow them to go to sports practice in this heat. It’s too dangerous. Such pursuits would not be worth my kid experiencing heat exhaustion (or perhaps something even worse).
All right, I’m done with those! I nominate the following:
I don’t think these bloggers already have this award, but I’m not sure.